Tenancy Solutions Team wins national ASB award
2017 - November, Latest news
Congratulations to Our Tenancy Solutions Team at Case House who have won a national award for tackling antisocial behaviour. The group has come out top of the three organisations that were shortlisted in October for the Resolve National ASB Award for Team of the Year.
We are really pleased to have had our work recognised in this way. My team are so dedicated to supporting our residents and sometimes face some very challenging situations but they always stay positive and cheerful. It's wonderful that their hard work and commitment has been acknowledged outside of PA Housing as well as by our colleagues. I am proud of them.“Sharon Butler; Team Manager
The award is for a group or team that has provided an exceptional service in resolving ASB within an identified neighbourhood. They must show they have worked together to achieve shared goals, and demonstrate measurable results.
Sharon Butler and her colleagues have improved the ASB disciplines and produced good outcomes. Many congratulations to this team, and many thanks to Sharon for putting PA on the map."Dilip Kavi; Chief Executive
Among the achievements that helped them win were:
- Opened and resolved 580 anti-social behaviour cases
- Reduced court proceeding costs by £97,000 through management of surrender of tenancy
- Reduced vehicle removal costs by £33,000 through proactively engaging with owners
- Achieved 90% customer satisfaction rate
- Introduced the dedicated Noise App – with 159 active users
- Supported 26 mental health cases - proactively working with partner agencies to support residents either to move to more appropriate housing or engage with support services
- Assisted police on 5 partial closures and 2 full closures to protect vulnerable customers
- Supported police in obtaining 2 Criminal Behaviour Orders
- Used Absolute Grounds for Possession, resulting in 3 possessions
- Used Anti-social Behaviour Injunction powers to obtain 10 injunctions
- Managed 62 reports of fraud resulting in possession of 6 properties
- Managed 18 succession requests, 5 of which resulted in evictions
- Managed 50 domestic abuse cases which resulted in 6 management transfers
- Managed 49 hoarding cases by working with partner agencies and looking at long-term solutions to resolve
- Attended 46 child protection meetings
- Attended over 150 multi-agency and emergency meetings.
The RESOLVE ASB Awards are the UK's leading awards for effective practice in tackling antisocial behaviour. They provide deserved recognition for the outstanding contribution of tenants, housing officers, ASB practitioners and their partners in resolving ASB and making communities safer. Winners were announced at the Resolve ASB Annual Conference Dinner at St Johns Hotel, Solihull, Birmingham, on Tuesday 14th November.