Chevron up Chevron down Chevron left Chevron right
Skip to main content

Repairing vehicles

This is aimed at those carrying out repairs as part of running a vehicle repair business and not individuals repairing their own cars and bikes. 

If you are being disturbed by a neighbour carrying out repairs, start by speaking to them, they may not be aware they are disturbing you.  If the problem continues and you believe an offence is occurring then you can:

  • If it is on a public highway, contact the local authority who can consider action under the Clean Neighbourhood and Environment Act 2005. 


Find your local authority

  • If it is on land owned by PA Housing and they are causing persistent noise, please refer to our noise nuisance section for guidance.
  • If it is on land owned by PA Housing and they are causing a mess or you believe the person to be operating a business, complete our online reporting form and we will make contact with your neighbour.  If this is ongoing then please fill in our ASB incident diary sheets and submit them to us.
  • If you are unsure whether a piece of land or road belongs to or is managed by PA Housing, then please contact us and we will assist you.


Reporting form            Diary sheets

  • Text size